So frustrating...

Six months ago my doctor suddenly retired and I had to find a new one. I had to find one right away to get my anti-depressant refilled. I found one and today was my 6-month follow up.

I went in last week to have my blood drawn for labs. That alone was not a good trip. The first person tried to take my blood and missed. So she tried the other arm and missed in that one too. So she went to get someone else. The second lady came in and felt around, started looking for a butterfly needle to draw my blood and couldn't find one. So she left and just didn't come back. So a third lady came in looks at my veins, finds one she likes and jabs me hard with the needle to get it in there. After that I was done, but my arms were very sore and a bit bruised.

I went back today, for my follow up. My labs were fine. I had called a week before the labs to see if she would do a thyroid panel, but never heard back from them and (I assume) they didn't do them. 

So today I go in and ask the desk if they accept the new insurance we have starting next month... and... they DON'T! UGH! So... now I have to find a new doctor AGAIN!

It's so hard for me to find someone that I like and is willing to listen and now I have to find someone else again. So today, I didn't discuss any other the stuff that is going on with me because I figure it's pointless since I'm going to have to be finding someone else anyway.

On a happy note - My beautiful mama will be done with her IV Chemo in 2 days and done with her pill chemo on the 28th! It's been a long year for her, but she's almost done!

Also, another happy note it's been a year and change since I first started my mood stabilizer. It's really one of the best decisions I've made! I'm still not quite there - where I feel I should be - but I'm so much better than I was! Thank God!

Don't wait to get help if you need it. Even if you financially can't do it, find somewhere that will do it based on income or for free. Just don't give up on yourself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!