Health update. Don't give up! You're not alone!

Hey yall!
I hope you all are doing well.

Funny story: I cut bangs for the first time in probably 15+years. My older son doesn't understand hair at all. Today he was with me and my bangs got blown back. When I got in the car he exclaimed, "Mom! Your bangs are gone!" 😂 He didn't understand that they were still attached. So I used my fingers and combed them back down and he was shocked. It was hilarious! Not only that, he couldn't figure out how to say the word "bangs" I had to tell him it was "bang" like a gun. Haha! It seriously cracked me up.

I had a doctor's appointment today. Things went okay. I'm changing my medication. I'm hoping that it will be the right one. So far this is my fourth try with medicine. I'm extremely thankful for it because I feel like a new person since being on them, but it's hard to find the right levels.

I heard a song twice this week that was a good reminder for me. It says "I need thee, oh, I need thee. Every hour I need thee..." I am human. I make poor choices, I have poor attitudes, I say things I shouldn't, but I'm also forgiven. I'm loved by God and loved the way I am. That, of course, doesn't mean that I shouldn't work to be better and work on being more and more Christ-like.

Many times through the journey of depression/mental illness we tend to feel alone. Talking about our illnesses, for some reason, is still taboo; and it shouldn't be. There are so many people struggling and they should know that they are not alone.

All through Psalm it reminds us that God is our strength and our shelter. I truly love the Psalms because it shows that it is ok to be going through hard times and it's okay to be down and feeling low, but you have to remember that God is with us and has our backs.

I often feel like I cannot form the words I need to, to be able to pray affectively and I turn to music. I let faith based music play and let God speak to me through the music. And if I'm feeling especially bogged down I will simply repeat the name of "Jesus" over and over. The great thing about it, is that He knows what we're feeling and He knows the words that we can't form.

https://youtu.be/le4qq0Sh6wk

Remember you're not alone! Be strong. You deserve to start your journey to wellness!


1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."

2 Thessalonians 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

Psalm 9:9-10 "The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble."

Psalm 32:7-8 "You are my hiding place, you will protect me from trouble and surround one with songs of deliverence."

Psalm 34:17 "When righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles."

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Psalm 138:3 (NLT) "As soon as I pray, You answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength."

I told you l looke the Psalms. Lol Especially that last one! AS SOON as we pray He hears is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!