Empathy/being empathic & a rough week

The blog below goes more in depth than the video. I was a little scatter brained when doing the video. 😊 https://youtu.be/gegEVVyGK1I

I've had a rough week or so. Before I was on medication I fairly frequently would have what I refer to as "crazisodes". This, I now understand, were manic episodes. I haven't had any since I started my medication. I was close this weekend. It wasn't as horrible as it used to be, but it was very emotional and exhausting. It didn't help that I wasn't sleeping well (which is common) so it all accumulated and made things worse. However, I did not have the extreme anger like I used to. I didn't have the desire to hurt myself or hit or throw things. So it was still better than it used to be, but it was still hard.
Another thing I've dealt with, with my depression, is severe lack of self worth. And that was another thing I was battling. It's so hard when I feel like I'll never be enough, I'll never be good enough. All that kind of stuff. On Sunday we happened to sing "You Say" by Lauren Daigle. I love this song already but it was really what I needed. https://youtu.be/oZvKJl1kK8g

Something that I realized recently that I thought was really cool, was how empathic Jesus was. I am a very empathic person, I feel what others are feeling. I grieve when other grieve, I feel it fully. And I love that I can connect that characteristic with Christ-likeness.

Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. an empathetic person is a person who actually experiences the emotions of another, even becoming physically affected by those emotions and possibly knowing the motivations behind a person's feelings or actions. http://www.gotquestions.org/empath-empathic.html

I'm not talking about being psychic or clairvoyant, I'm talking about feeling what other feel and being able to understand, which is what the Bible says we should be doing anyway.
Romans 12:15 says "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn."
1 Corinthians 3:8 "If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part removed with it."
We are meant to do life together. We are meant to experience the ups and downs as a unit.
1 Peter 3:8 "Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble."

The story that really made me connect with Christ was in Luke 7:11-15.
"Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out - the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said "don't cry". Then he went up and touched the beir (coffin) they were carrying him on, and the bearers stood still. He said, "Young man, I said you, get up!" The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother."

Now, up until this point when Jesus healed it was because of that person's faith. This time however, it was because Jesus felt the heartbreak the mama was feeling, and had compassion on her. And I love that! He healed her son as an act of pure love. ❤️

Jesus was God in man form, so he knew and felt everything. I get worn out just being around angry people. Lol!

Hope yall gained something from this post.

If you are battling depression or any other mental health issue, get help. It's so worth it! Do not feel ashamed. Getting help is one of the most amazing and brave things you can do for yourself. If you don't need the help, be the help for someone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!