Quarantine Time

Quarantine has given me lots of time to think.
We're doing school from home, therapy over video, and staying away from people as much as possible.
And quite frankly it is no fun! 
My boys do not like school at all. Neither of them can focus well and it's very taxing. I have to sit with each of them the whole time to make sure they get everything done. That alone takes up the full day! Plus you have to factory in lunch time, and the inevitable melt downs and tantrums. There is a bright spot in it all though, they are both doing better with their school work. Lol

During this time of, I want to say quietness but it's not quite here lol, lock down I've been able to reflect a lot over this past year or so. My mom's birthday was last week, and that brought a lot of things to mind. But I've realized that I've purposefully not thought about what my mom went through and what I experienced with her in her final months. And now, I'm going to purposefully do that so that I can feel what I need to feel and then move forward. I may share it, I may just write it for me, I don't know yet.
Last night I cried because I realized neither my husband nor I will ever see our mamas grow old. His mom died when she was about 50 and move at 57. And that really broke my heart. I love old people, I love the gray and white hair, I love the wrinkles and laugh lines, and we don't get to see that for them and that's sad.

I'm very happy my mom is not here for all that's going on right now. I'm so thankful she is walking the street of Heaven whole and happy.

I will always miss my mama. I will always wish I could hug her or talk to her (I do still talk to her I just don't get responses haha). Thankfully I look and sound very much like her so there's always that. 😁

Mental health wise we are doing ok over here. My son is doing better since consistently taking his medicine. It still needs adjusted, but we're getting there.

There are going to be so many people hurting right now and in bad places in life, so be kind. Be loving when you can. Be there for people when they need to talk. Your listening ear could be all that keeps them from killing themselves.

If you don't need mental health help, be there help for someone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!