Why Women Have to Find Themselves After Kids Get Older

It hit me the other day why women always seem to need to "find themselves" after their kids reach a certain age.

Before women are having kids, people look at them. They talk to THEM. And are interested in THEM.

Then once the child is there people cease to want to know about HER and are more focused on the children. And the kids' development and achievements and the kids' dreams.
Family wants to know how the kids are doing. They call to talk to the children. They visit.. to see the children.

Once the kids get older, people start to not be AS interested in them, but they're not really interested in mom either.

I think this is why women feel the need to "find themselves" after children reach a certain age.

I know I feel ignored at times, but I pray that I continue to have my interests, dreams, and ambitions.

So, if you see a mother with her children out. It's ok to tell her how cute they are and ask about them, but don't forget to ask about her too. Make sure she know's that she is significant too.

To the mothers who feel invisible: You ARE seen! You ARE valuable! You ARE loved!!

Good Night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!