Strong Enough

One of my favorite songs is "Strong Enough" by Staci Orrico.

It's such an amazing and such a true song!
It's true no matter what issues you may face during your life.

I think that everyone, no matter how strong your faith is, feels as though God isn't moving and isn't there taking care of things (for us). It's true in my life dealing with depression, but it can be true of people battling a number of different things; like addiction or cancer or whatever it is that is keeping you bound.

This song starts out with wondering if people are going to be willing to help out or are they going to ignore me, or make fun of me. Are people going to think less of me because I struggle? Are they going to look at me differently because I claim Christ but also battle with depression and anger on a daily basis? (that's just about me, not in the song lol)

The chorus questions... God aren't you strong enough? Aren't you pure enough? Can't you break me and fix me? Are you not brave enough for this? Please make me new!

I love that this song acknowledges that we struggle. We all have weaknesses.
It wonders if "my weakness for an hour will make me suffer for a lifetime. Is there any way to be made whole again. If I'm healed, renewed, and find forgiveness; find a strength I've never had. Will my scars forever ruin all God's plans?"
I love that last line!! It is such a relevant fear for me, and I assume for others who have a past and scars. But thankfully God uses us, scars and all for His glory if we allow Him to!

Then at the end of the song it says that He is able! He IS strong enough. He IS pure enough. He DID make me new! He DID and I am SO thankful! (I love it!!)

What's even better is God WANTS to renew us! He WANTS to see us succeed and grow and share! He WANTS to break the chains that bind us!

Everything we go through we can use to bring Him glory and bring other's to Him. (Romans 8:28)

Never give up my friends! God wants to bring us all healing and wants to help us learn how to use what He's brought us through to help others and to continue to find healing and comfort. (This is why I have this blog. I'm not fully healed. I still struggle -a lot- but I have hope in Christ.)

If you want to hear this song I actually recorded myself singing it the other day on my phone. It was fun to do. Took me a while to get a decent one. lol I had my 7 year old help me record on some of my attempts, but ended up using the one I did on my own while he was playing. (hints the background noise.) Nothing boosts my spirits and my mood more than taking time in my day to sing and worship God. Without Him I am nothing.

This is my link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkLrSwpw4kU&feature=youtu.be

Or you can google it to hear the professional Staci sing it haha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!