Mary at this time of year

Since becoming a mother I've really begun to think about and understand Mary, the mother of Jesus.

Not only did she agree to become His mother while she was a virgin, a teenager, and pledged to be married to someone else; but she agreed to a very difficult and painful path our of love and obedience to her Lord. Thankfully her husband to be was also obedient to God's calling.

I don't know about you, but me at 15 was not at all ready to be pregnant or married! And yet she was ready to take on this task because she chose to follow God's calling for her life. She was found to be worthy to carry God's son, can you imagine the honor she must have felt?! Honor and also terrified!
If you have given birth fully naturally you know how painful it. Now imagine doing that while still being a virgin! YOUCH! I really hope that God had mercy on her and made it less painful!

As a mom I think of her feeling Jesus moving around in her belly. Feeling His kicks and when He had the hiccups. I think of all the sweet things she saw Him doing and her watching Him grow and develop. All the while learning how to be a new wife, a new mother, and having more children. How overwhelming for her!

But then she also was able to watch him grown and to fulfill his destiny. His purpose. How incredible and painful it must have been for her. I don't like when my kids are hurt or not feeling well, I can only imagine the pain and heartache she felt as she watched Him be turned against. She stood by and had to watch as he was tortured, beaten, and mocked. All while knowing He was pure and innocent. Then the ultimate heartbreak: watching Him be crucified and die. I can't even think about my children dying without it bring tears to my eyes. And then the joy she felt when He was raised to life again! What an emotional roller coaster! And then He was back in Heaven.

And now she is in Heaven.. what a blessing for her to be able to be there and watch as He does His thing. How proud she must feel! And how wonderful it must be to feel the peace and joy and the worship taking place. She is able to see what her obedience did. She is able to see how many people have been helped and been blessed because she chose to do as God asked of her.

What a hard path she had to take, but I'm so grateful that she did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!