Why is God mad at me?

Have you ever felt like that?? I know I have. I couldn't understand why things kept happening the way they did. I thought that my miscarriages were punishments from God for having sex before marriage. I thought that all the hard times I went through was His anger toward me.. but boy was I SO wrong!

Last Sunday we had a guest pastor come to speak, Pat Schatzline, and it was a great message. (I'll put links to him at the end of this blog.) But I wanted to share what was said and other things I got out of it. It was a powerful message and God came down to us and His presence was truly there.

4 Reasons people think God is mad at them:
1. We often see God as we saw our earthly (flawed) father. When people grow up with out a father around, with an unloving father, whatever kind of father.. we picture God in the same way. But He isn't at all like our earthly fathers. He's so much better! He doesn't get angry when we do stupid things. He doesn't fly off the handle because we did something we shouldn't have. He sits there watching us and waiting with open arms to love us back to Him,

2. He lets bad things happen to us. Yes, bad things happen to us, but He's always right there with us! We're never alone in this journey. He's right there with us and wants to carry us through the hard times if we let Him.

3. We believe we've messed up too much: Not enough grace for us. We are never too messed up for God. No matter how far "gone" we think we are God is still right there. Still waiting for you with open arms. Grace is what God gives us when we don't deserve it. And lets me honest.. we never deserve it.  How dare you think that your little sin is big enough to make the cross obsolete! 

4. The devil is a LIAR!! The devil uses the things that he knows will get to us to try to get us away from God. He knows how God truly is, he knows God's true character and His unending, unconditional love for us. He doesn't want us to experience that! He wants us to think that we are worthless and that God could never Love someone like us. But let me tell you... He is a LIAR.  The king of lies! You ARE loved! You ARE wanted! Even if you had been the only person on earth that was sinful Christ still would have been tortured and killed on your behalf. If that's not Love I don't know what you think Love is.

It doesn't matter where you are, it matters where God picks you up and gives you His last name!  (Let that sink in,)

4 Traits of God:
1. He doesn't think like us. 1 Corinthians 2: 11 "For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God." There's no way for us to know what God is thinking just like we can't read the minds of those around us. The only one who knows God's thoughts is the Holy Spirit.

2. Quit separating Jesus from God. It can't be done!  John 14:10-11 (This is Jesus talking) "Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves."

3. God is not an absentee dad! His love is inconceivable! Psalm 139: 1-4 "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely,1 O Lord." He knows everything about you! He sees, and pays attention to us. He wouldn't know us through and through if He didn't love us. If He didn't love us He wouldn't care what our thoughts were or when we get up or lay down.

4. He's a God of second chances!! Romans 11: 30-32 "Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you. For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all." God wants to give us second chances, or however many chances we need! He wants us to know and feel his love and mercy! 


God understands our pains. He understands our temptations and pains. Jesus understands that weird family dynamics (He was a stepchild and had half siblings.) and having a father walk out on him. (When Christ took all of our sins on Him God had to turn away and Jesus asked where He was and why He had forsaken Him.)
He's not an unfeeling God, He's a very compassionate and loving God who wants to wrap us up in His love and walk through life with us. He wants us to rely on Him and let Him help us. When we do that, I think, it brings him joy and pride that we would let Him take control and we don't worry. 

Our physical lives are simply a small journey in our spiritual lives. We mark our graves with tombstones, but God calls them mile markers. We have so much to live for. We have a God who is love and isn't mad at us!

So, you may feel that God is angry with you, but He's not! He loves you endlessly and wants for you to allow Him to love you! He wants to be the Lord of your life all you have to do is ask.
He's waiting with open arms and loves us more than we can ever comprehend.

God is NOT mad at you my friend! He loves you! 

1 Peter 4:12, "Friends, when life gets really difficult, don’t jump to the conclusion that God isn’t on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner. (msg)"


http://www.patschatzline.com/
https://www.facebook.com/schatzline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!