Felt like a kid again... Not!

Yesterday evening my oldest son had a music program at school. So, of course, we went. I'm one of those moms that likes to look nice for stuff at my child's school. So I dressed nice. I wore a pair of my favorite dressy pants and wedge heels. Heels that I've worn multiple times and are very comfortable and have never had any issues with.
The school has gravel in it's planter beds instead of mulch, which is pretty silly considering it's an elementary school.
As we were walking in, I was carrying my 2 year old, and I apparently stepped on a rock and completely lost my balance! I went down hard! Luckily I was able to lift my little one up high enough that when I landed on the sidewalk he simply sat down unharmed. I, however, skinned one knee, cut the other one, and bruised my ankle. And sadly ruined my awesome pants.
How embarrassing right?? Lol
(Just wait there's more! That sounded like an infomercial LOL)
We sat down for the performance and I checked my knees and they were both bloody. So I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself up. Then someone behind me asked if I was ok because she just happened to see what happened and had to tell the other people around her.

Tangent: When I was a kid parents and friends were quiet during performances. They gave the children respect and attention. That hasn't been my experience thus far and it infuriates me! How can we expect our children to be respectful to others when the parents aren't!? It's so tempting to go up on stage and give the adults a piece of my mind. So far though I've managed to keep my butt in my chair, but I end up irritated instead of enjoying the show.

Back to my story: We were leaving and I was again carrying my little guy. And guess what.... Yup. It happened again! Luckily this time I caught myself. But I handed my son off to my husband so I wouldn't be holding him anymore. (He can walk but there were tons of people as he loves to run.)

As we continued to walk to my son's classroom to get him, I walked across the courtyard area and slipped again! This time it was on a tree root that was covered by leaves.

My hubby told me to take off my shoes and walk barefoot. Haha

I expected to be black and blue with bruises because I bruise really easily on my legs, but so far I haven't. I'm not as sore as I expected to be either, but can definitely feel that I'm not a kid anymore. Lol The impact of the first fall made my low back and hips very sore.

I got my son today from school and I saw a few of the people that saw me fall last night, but they didn't recognize me. Lol I guess I look a lot different when I'm not dressed up lol!

Getting older stinks.. And I'm only a month away from 30! Haha!

Good night all.. And don't forget to watch where you're walking! LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!