Daddy Day

I am blessed with a man who is a really good daddy to our children. When he walks in the door the mood and attitude of the whole house changes because Daddy's Home! Our kids adore him and his unconditional love. My husband is the most laid back man I've ever met. He, even though he doesn't try, is the real deal. He's a man who is (extremely) slow to anger. We have been together for 8 years and I can count on one hand the times I've seen him angry. And it's a wonderful thing when we have strong willed children. (lol I can't imagine where they get that from...) What amazes me even more with him, is that he never met his father. He never had that steady guy in his life to show him what fatherhood was all about, and yet here he is killing it! I'm a proud wife. :)

Many people have a hard time around father's day. There's all those sappy lovey-dovey father's day cards and stuff and people either don't have a father living, never had a father around, or had a crappy father that they wouldn't give that sappy stuff to.

Having a difficult relationship or no relationship with a father makes it really hard to understand the love of God. He is the ultimate father. It's hard to grasp though. He's a father that never gets angry, he doesn't do things to spite us. He doesn't turn his back on us. He is always loving, He always wants what is best for us. He always is waiting with arms wide open for us to run into. He forgives the instant we ask him to and what's even better is he forgets about it as soon as the moment of forgiveness passes! I wish I had that power! I don't mean to hold anything against people, and I forgive, but it's soooooooo hard to forget!

I've been learning a lot of new things in my faith recently and it's really been an interesting journey.
One thing I'll write about more later after more research is learning who God is in a new covenant view. I've learned that my view of God has been an old testament view and not new view. So that is something I am going to be really looking into.

I've also started my journey to healing. I've been in contact with doctors and possible counseling. Nothing set in stone yet, but the journey has started. I'm really looking forward to being a better me. A better wife, better mother, and a better person to myself. (I really am quite awful to myself in my head.) I look forward to seeing the difference God will bring into my life through the people and doctors He has brought me to.

Have a wonderful father's day weekend! We have surprises set up for my hubby tomorrow. And as a bonus it's also our wedding anniversary. :)

Be blessed everyone! Never give up on yourself! Keep going! Keep fighting for yourself because you are worth it and God made you for greatness and a purpose!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!