We are all Lazaruses... Lazarusi?? lol

If you are not familiar with the Bible Lazarus was one of Jesus' friends that died, was buried, and raise back to life.

What's interesting is that Jesus was sad when Lazarus died, the shortest verse in the Bible is in this story. John 11:35 "Jesus wept." And He was heartbroken because His friend had died. Even though he knew that he could bring Lazarus back to life by just a simple thought or spoken word, he was still sad that the event took place.

Lazarus had been dead for four days when Jesus when to his tomb. He told those with him to move the stone away from the door and even one of Lazarus' sisters (Martha) was like.. whoa wait a minute Lord he's been in there a while and he is going to STINK! But they moved the stone anyway. I picture the horrific/nasty looks on their faces when that stone was moved and they got a big whiff of decomposing body. haha I imagine the women taking their veils and covering their noses and mouths and the men using their cloaks/jackets to cover theirs. :)

I love that Jesus took the time to pray to Father God and even said that he was only doing it for the benefit of everyone else, so that they would believe that He was sent by God. (11:41-42)

When Jesus said "Lazarus come out" he did. Now I've worked as a crime scene clean up tech, so I've been around blood and death and stuff and even right when it happens it's messy and stinky. I can only imagine the amount of funk that was coming out of that tomb and on the man's body! It's almost enough to make me gag haha. But Lazarus came walking out, a full and normal person, still wrapped up in the burial linens. I kind of imagine it to be like a mummy in cartoons with his hands out in front of him walking because he was still wrapped up and probably couldn't see where he was going. It makes me giggle. As excited as I would be that he was back to life, if I was his sister or friend, I don't think I would want to hug him.. at least not until after he bathed. LOL

Now, I'm not saying we are all going to die and come back to life. I mean, we are all going to die and our spirit will live on in the afterlife. But I'm talking about pieces inside of us are dead that only God can bring back to life.

For some it's a relationship, for other's it's their feelings/emotions, for other's it's something else. We all have something that only God can fix and bring back to life.

Don't give up! Pray hard! God is always listening!! In Jesus' prayer before bringing Lazarus back to life he said "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me,..." It's not any different for us. All you have to do is speak to Him, like you do a friend. Let Him know your needs. He already knows them, but He wants to hear them from you. He wants you to ask Him for what you need. Cast all your cares on Him and He will help you through it all  (Psalm 55:22). That means let Him handle it and don't stress about it. Let Him take care of it all. And remember that no matter what happens or how far you turn away from Him, He loves you and He is always there with open arms and wants to take care of you and walk with you in your life.

You do not have to live with a part of you dead. God can revive that broken and dead part of you and bring you full restoration! (And sometimes He uses others: therapists, doctors, medicine, etc. to accomplish this. Do not think that it won't happen just because you've been praying and it hasn't happened just through prayer. God works through others, utilize what He provides!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!