Puberty stinks, but it's hilarious!

My recently turned 9 year old has been needing and been using deodorant for a while now. I don't know if he just didn't believe me about his stink or what, but he was not using his deodorant like I was telling him to. The other day he decided to get his vitamins out of the upper cabinet in the kitchen for himself. He was in there and reached up to get them and made this horrified face and told me that "something STINKS!!" I didn't smell anything when I was in there a little bit before him. So I go in there and he walks by me and I told him it was himself that he was smelling! 😂 Needless to say he went and put deodorant on. But boy did it make me laugh! And of course I texted the story to my family members so they could enjoy the moment with me.
A couple days later my youngest had to go to bed early because of behavior so it opened the perfect opportunity to begin my puberty talk with my older son. It went well. He hasn't asked any questions or anything. He finds his own gender's genitalia funny looking and the process of what the penis' capabilities are gross. LOL I can pray that his mentality of it remains for a very long time!
I'm hoping he will be so sports focused that he wont really think of girls and sex, but once those hormones start I know it won't be so. But I can pray. A Lot.

I did give him a warning that when his voice starts changing and cracking that we will laugh. And he will just have to deal with it. haha.

I am thankful that it's open for discussion now. Also, when we went to his yearly check up they had little brochures there and one was on male puberty, so I grabbed that, and it helped a lot.

Hope yall enjoyed my giggle. It would have been so much better if I could have gotten a picture of the horrible look on his face when he caught a whiff of the smell. haha

Remember, if you need help don't be afraid to get it! It's worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!