I won yesterday.

Yesterday morning I planned to clean the house and get stuff organized because I had people coming over yesterday evening.

As soon as I started to get things ready to clean my 2 year old started throwing a fit.

Normally I get really irritated and just tell him to knock it off and keep doing what I had planned.

But yesterday I didn't. I didn't get mad. I didn't yell. I didn't do what I would normally do.
Yesterday I put on one of his favorite movies, sat down, and rocked him. He ended up going to sleep.

Then while I was doing dishes he woke up very upset.
Again, normally I would be really annoyed, but I sat with him and he calmed down. We sat in the chair together for a while and then he was up and ready to play.

But I won yesterday. I won against my anger. I won against the way I usually react.

These moments with my children are ones I will never get back.
I really need to focus on that instead of the irritants that present themselves.

It may be only one small thing to most, but for me it was a big one.
And I'm so thankful for it!

Comments

  1. I'm so happy for you and I pray that you continue to have more good days. You're right though, these times with your little ones will go quickly as they grow. I love you my sweet dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!