I'm Insecure.

I hate feeling insecure. I would like to feel confident and sure of myself, but I'm not.
It could be because all my life I was made fun of for my looks.
Or because every guy I ever dated either cheated on me or left me for someone else.
Or it could be because I feel ugly. I feel undesirable.

When I was in college I had a ton of guy friends. But they were all friends. They were never interested in me, I was just the reliable friend. However, when I became married I realized that having guy friends made my relationship with my husband difficult. Because even if we don't realize it we compare our spouse to others. And that is detrimental to a relationship.

I think part of my issue is that I know my husband does that. He never does it out loud, but he does it in his head and it sucks because I'll never compare to what is in his head. I'll never compare to his past experiences. I'll never measure up. (That's how I feel anyway.)

I'm very very insecure and I hate it.

And I know I'm not alone in this... but it sure feels like a lonely road.


If you're in a relationship. Do everything in your power to let your significant other know they are wanted. And not just for sex. There is a HUGE difference in being wanted as a whole and just being wanted for sex, and we can feel the difference. We want to be wanted, but we don't want to feel like a piece of meat. At least I don't.

Let your loved ones know that they are loved. Never EVER let them doubt it, even for a second.

Don't go looking for friends of the opposite sex, find friendship with your spouse.

Don't give up on what you have for something you know nothing about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!