A powerful enemy

Often, I am plagued by harsh memories or flashbacks of things from the past that cause me to feel dark and down. In those times I have to tell myself that those were in the past and I'm beyond that point in life. Sometimes it's the self hatred talk, sometimes it's abuse from past relationships, and sometimes it's struggles that I've had with others that were painful.
(sometimes it's the loss of my babies due to miscarriages, most of the time I can reflect on those with joy because I know I will be reunited with them in Heaven.)

The key to all of this is knowing that Satan is a liar. His main objective in life is to keep us from God by any means necessary.

https://youtu.be/sRPZu5BgXtA

The verses I used in the video are :
John 10:10
1 Peter 5:8-9
James 4:7
John 8:44

One of the main things I have to remember is that Satan is not capable of telling the truth! He wants me to fail. As a person, as a mother, as a friend, and as a wife. I cannot let him win!

Instead of our normal Bible reading tonight, I discussed this with my boys. My older son struggles a lot with his self worth and his abilities. (Telling him differently doesn't help because he doesn't believe me.) I pray that he will remember what I showed him and will remember to grasp what God says about him and not what Satan wants him to believe.

God chose us. He knew us and loved us before we were ever formed in the womb. We are valuable and wanted.

Don't let Satan steal your joy and your worth.
You are So much more than what he says you are!

If you are struggling reach out! If you're not, be hope and help to others.

Much love,
Steph




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!