Make an Effort!

When I don't get much sleep, or if I'm hungry, I'm an angry beast. (I wish I was kidding lol) Which is always worse if I'm having a particularly hard time with my depression.
Normally when my older son has the day off from school it's not a very good day. Between my grumpiness and his attitude we clash horribly.

Anyway, today he has off of school. And I didn't get much sleep at all last night.

Dun... dun.. dun... lol

But today I made the decision to at least try to make it a good day.

I let them watch a movie this morning. Then while little one was distracted, older one and I made chocolate chip cookies. Then I made us lunch and we went outside in the front yard and had a picnic.
They were THRILLED!

I'm one of those people that if there's one bug outside it will find me and bite me. I swell up big and itch like crazy. (Unfortunately my older one is even worse than me, but little one doesn't get phased by bug bites at all.) While eating I got bit multiple times, but I still sat out there, enjoying the warmth and enjoying the contentment of my babies.

Enjoying it is difficult some days, but today (thus far) it's been a good day.

Pray each of you find a little bit of peace today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I won yesterday.

Depression + Guilt

First Blog!